HOW IT WORKS
Building upon our core mission to empower women of all ages, we launched the annual WGIRLS Project G.L.A.M. Scholarship in 2019! The G.L.A.M. scholarship is a merit and financial need-based program designed to assist young women with the cost of their secondary education.
The Project G.L.A.M. scholarship is open to all high school seniors who identify as female and have been accepted to an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning. There will be two (2) $1500 scholarships awarded in 2020 to graduating seniors. This application is open to any student who attends a high school in the five boroughs that was registered to attend Project G.L.A.M. 2020.
The application for the scholarship will be available at 12pm eastern standard time March 31st, 2020. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is May 1st, 2020. Scholarship recipients will be contacted via phone and email on or before June 1st, 2020.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any female high school senior who is on track to graduate high school in 2020 that meets the criteria below is invited to apply.
The student must:
- Attend a high school that was registered for Project G.L.A.M. on April 5th, 2020. If a student attends a high school that was not registered to attend Project G.L.A.M., but has previously attended a WGIRLS event or volunteer activity they are welcome to apply.
- Be accepted to a college/university with a plan to begin studies in the Fall of 2020.
- Have a minimum 3.2 GPA at time of application submission
- Have proof of financial need (family household income less than $52,000 AGI; applicants will be asked to verify annual household income by supplying page 1 of their 2019 IRS Income Tax Form or most recent tax return)
Each applicant must submit:
- A completed application
- A one-page essay (400-500 words). Essay topic included in the application.
- A copy of their high school transcript
- A resume outlining relevant work, volunteer, and academic information
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former high school teacher
- Signed statement of accuracy for students
- Signed statement of support by a guidance counselor
Please Click on the Link Below for the Application:
Please send all completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every $5 donation sponsors one young woman in need for senior prom!
“I am making a difference in the life of a young woman by outfitting her with everything she needs to attend her prom feeling confident, proud and beautiful!”