HOW IT WORKS
Building upon our core mission to empower women of all ages, we are proud to announce the first annual WGIRLS Project G.L.A.M. Scholarship! The G.L.A.M. scholarship is a merit and a financial need-based program designed to assist young women with the cost of their secondary education.
The Project G.L.A.M. scholarship is open to all high school seniors who identify as female and have been accepted to an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning. There will be two (2) $1000 scholarships awarded in 2019.
The application for the scholarship will be available at this address at 12pm eastern standard time May 1st, 2019. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is June 15th, 2019. The scholarship recipients will be contacted via phone and email on or before June 30th, 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any female high school senior who is on track to graduate high school in 2019 that meets the criteria below is invited to apply.
The student must:
- Have either attended or been invited to attend, Project G.L.A.M. on April 14th, 2019. If a student was unable to attend Project G.L.A.M. but is from a registered school who attended Project G.L.A.M. they are welcome to apply.
- Be accepted to a college/university with a plan to begin studies in the Fall of 2019.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA at time of application submission
- Have proof of financial need (family household income less than $51,000 AGI; If selected, recipients will be asked to verify annual household income by supplying page 1 of their 2018 IRS Income Tax Form; or most recent tax return)
Each applicant must submit:
- A completed application
- A one-page essay (400-500 words). Essay topic included in the application.
- A copy of their high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former high school teacher
- Signed statement of accuracy for students
- Signed statement of support by a guidance counselor
Please Click on the Link Below for the Application:
Please send all completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every $5 donation sponsors one young woman in need for senior prom!
“I am Making a Difference in the Life of a Young Woman by Outfitting her with Everything she Needs to Attend her Prom Feeling Confident, Proud and Beautiful!”