HOW IT WORKS
Building upon our core mission to empower women of all ages, we are proud to announce the first annual WGIRLS Project G.L.A.M. Scholarship! The G.L.A..M. scholarship is a merit and a financial need-based program designed to assist young women with the cost of their secondary education.
The Project G.L.A.M. scholarship is open to all high school seniors who identify as female and have been accepted to an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning. There will be two $1000 scholarships awarded in 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be determined based on a combination of academic merit and financial need.
The application for the scholarship will be available at this web address at 12 pm eastern standard time May 1st, 2019. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is June 7th, 2019. The scholarship recipients will be contacted via phone and email on or before June 30th, 2019.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Any high school seniors who identify as female, that meet the criteria outlined below are invited to apply.
- The student must have either attended or been invited to attend Project G.L.A.M. through a school, social worker or community organization that was registered with Project G.L.A.M for the April 14th, 2019 program
- The student is accepted to a college/university with a plan to begin studies in the Summer/Fall of 2019
- The student have and maintain a 3.0 GPA through June of 2019
- The student must have proof of financial need (family household income less than $51,000 AGI)
Each applicant must submit:
- A completed application (LINK AVAILABLE on May 1st, 2019)
- A one-page essay (400-500 words). The essay topic will be announced on May 1st, 2019
- A copy of their current transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former high school teacher
- A copy of their completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
WHERE TO APPLY